We know the home buying process can be overwhelming! When you’re working with me and my team, we will make the process simple and easy! Here are the steps I’ll walk you through on this exciting journey!
- Get pre-qualified + pre-approved for a mortgage.
- Look at homes: We will get you all set-up to receive emails on the freshest inventory on the market. Once we know what we’re looking for, let’s go look at the homes in person!
- Place an offer. We’ll negotiate and walk you through the paperwork process.
- Closing the deal! Home inspections, walk through and the final paperwork.
- Home Sweet Home!
- Before you fall in love with a home and are ready to write an offer, you’ll need to get pre-qualified and pre-approved for a loan. This will verify the price range you can go looking for potential homes.
- Your loan professional will require you to provide documents for them to review, taking into consideration the down payment amount you will be putting down as well as your debt to income ratio. To get a pre-approval letter your lender will also verify your credit and income.
- Most pre-approvals are good for 60-90 days. You may need to re-submit your application if your search lasts longer than this.
This is the fun part where we get to define what exactly you’re looking for and the neighborhoods you’re considering.
- Narrow down your must-haves and nice to have lists.
- We will discuss all of the potential options with pros and cons and decide upon potential matches. From there, we will go driving to look at homes in person until we find the right one for you!
- Once we have found a home you’d like, the next step is to place an offer! There’s many considerations to take when negotiating a deal, that’s where my expertise comes in!
- During this process, there may be counter-offerings; it’s important to be patient.
- Once the offer is accepted, escrow begins, and there will be important deadlines until the close of escrow.
Escrow opens as soon as the offer has been accepted and communicated to the buyer’s agent. Some of the important things that take place from here include:
- Inspections should you as the buyer opt to do those. This is where we want to find out as much information as possible about the home/property.
- Review Property Disclosures
- Get information on title, HOA, CC & R’s,
- Request for Repairs, time to re-negotiate with the seller.
- Secure Homeowner’s Insurance
- Your loan will be submitted to the lender and an appraisal will take place of the property. The lender will do a final approval upon their discretion.
- Removal of Contingencies: This is where all contingencies from the contract are removed. Be sure you understand all of the consequences once this is done. Make final deposit.
- Lender will send loan documents to escrow.
- Signing of Loan Documents. You will sign these documents at the title/escrow company. You’ll bring the balance of your down payment.
- Closing: Title will send signed documents to your lender, and your lender will wire the money to the title company.
- Once recorded, the house is yours!