Make a great first impression:
With a background in design, my team and I specialize in marketing listings. During a listing appointment we are able to consult and walk through your home to see the scope of staging which needs to be completed. We offer suggestions for full or partial staging and can help facilitate these services. What does that mean? It means your home is more marketable to Buyers!
Your home could get as much as 10% more just by staging it, and it will be on the market less time!
Want to know the numbers?
Quick stats on hot items affecting sales time (National Association of Realtors 2017 study):
- 49% of buyers’ agents cited that homes staging had an effect on most buyer’s view of the home.
- 77% of buyers’ agents said staging a home made it easier for a buyer to visualize the property as a future home.
- Staging the living room for buyers was found to be most important (55 %), followed by staging the master bedroom (51 %), and staging the kitchen (41 %).
- About 1/3 of buyer’s agents said that staging a home increased the dollar value offered between 1 and 5 % compared to other similar homes on the market that are not staged.
- 38% of sellers’ agents said they stage all sellers’ homes prior to listing them for sale. 14% noted that they only stage homes that are difficult to sell.
- The most common rooms that are staged include the living room (83 %), kitchen (76 %), master bedroom (69 %), and the dining room (66 %).
- The costs of staging a home were typically paid by the seller before the home is listed (25 %).
- When staging a home, 29 % of sellers’ agents reported an increase of 1 % to 5 % of the dollar value offered by buyers, in comparison to similar homes. 21% of respondents stated that staging a home increased the dollar value of the home between 6 and 10 %.
- 39 % of sellers’ agents stated that staging a home greatly decreases the amount of time the home is on the market.
- The most common home improvement items agents recommended to sellers were de-cluttering the home (93 %), entire home cleaning (89 %), carpet cleaning (81 %), and removing pets during showings (80 %).